Can two Pyronix enforcer control panels use the same PIR's while setting up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can the existing pyronix PIR's and door contacts be added to a new enforcer panel while still connected to my existing older panel? They would therefore communicate with both panels temporarily.

I want to swap my 3 year old panel to the latest V10 but as I am doing this myself I don't want to disconnect the old panel until I get the new one working just in case it all goes wrong.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Never tried and it could be troublesome.

In theory yes, you can learn the devices to both panels as long as the device doesn't register that its already assigned to a panel to communicate with, as I haven't done it I cant be certain

Thanks for your help.

If I attempt to do this I will post the outcome back here for future reference.

Cheers.

You would be sharing the negative from both panels so cant see being very good for the power supplies being unbalanced like that probably ok for a short space of time but not long term.

Sponsored Links
You would be sharing the negative from both panels so cant see being very good for the power supplies being unbalanced like that probably ok for a short space of time but not long term.
Try reading it again ...

Try reading it again ...

Far as I'm aware the common on a panel is a common negative throughout the panel it's why you can wire a PIR with only 3 wires using the neg as a common. To have 1 PIR connected to both panels you would need to link both commons on both panels together so creating 2 return unbalanced paths back to the PSUs which they will not like.

Common negatives is hardwired only as there is nowhere to wire to on awireless device

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back