Can Vailant controls be used for Zoned System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to this so apologies in advance ,

I am trying to spec the heating system for our new build, we would like to put in the following:

1) 8 zone heating system (Expandable in future)
2) some of the zones will use "Thermaskirt" skirting rads and some will use ordinary rads
3) Vaillant Ecotec 637 system boiler
4) Vaillant Unistor 310 cylinder
5) Each zone should be fully programable

My question is this, can the vaillant controls be used to control the above system? which ones would be most suitable (All rooms have been wired ebus and 230v for thermostats)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can have as many zones as you like provided each zone has an MV and a timer/stat.

You may need a few relays in there somewhere.

I would look at a common header with each zone from a central point.

Something like this.

scruff-001.jpg

Thanks DOITAIL, that looks like a work of art!! put my plumber to shame!!

I need to order the Vaillant boiler, tank and controls - Im just not sure whether the vailant controls are suitable. All the Zones are on a manifold like an UFH system, I presume all the zone stats are wired to a central control box VR65? and the control box is wired to the electic actuators on the manifold and to the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back