can we use timers on oil filled radiators

thanks, i'll try it.
i'm sure timer is working cos i can hear tick tock coming from it, so definately its in working order.

Also, try manually turning the clock face round to see if the heater clicks on.

Sponsored Links
Don't bet on it - the "tick" could be a cog wheel turning but not engaging, rather than a cog wheel turning.

PJ

If you leave it on for a while can you see that it's moved round?

If you turn it round by hand like BigJon suggested does it come on?

i think its moved round, but i'll look closely again. i've got a feeling that timer is not gonna work on radiator!
also i feel i m not lucky person cos i needed a bulb for the lamp to try the timer with it and i got a bulb but lamp's not switching on!! so couldnt try timer on it.

Sponsored Links
Surely you've got something that has a 13A plug on it that you could try?

Hair dryer
Hoover
Lawn mower
Electric drill
Phone charger
Radio
etc

i think its moved round, but i'll look closely again. i've got a feeling that timer is not gonna work on radiator!
also i feel i m not lucky person cos i needed a bulb for the lamp to try the timer with it and i got a bulb but lamp's not switching on!! so couldnt try timer on it.

mery, have you ever noticed that you are the only person who, when quoting other posts in their replies, puts the quote at the end?

If you have noticed, have you ever stopped to wonder why nobody else does it like you?

And why do you think the timer isn't going to work with the radiator?

you made me laugh. thats because i don't know how to do it properly!!
at least i can do it somehow :)
and finally i got the timer working!!
on instructions was saying to leave it on I and thats the reason it wasn't switching on. so the penny finally dropped and now kids bedroom is nice and warm.
thanks to everybody who gave advice.

you made me laugh. thats because i don't know how to do it properly!!
So when you click the quote button, and end up with something like this:

t246923.png

why deliberately choose to insert text before it rather than after?

did someone get out of bed the wrong side this morning? :)

Don't think so - been meaning to ask mery about this for a few days....
now i know, for some reason i thought i had to write my quote on top and push the other text down!
well you learn something every day. and i've a broken combi to be replaced and no money, thats why i got a timer for kids not to freeze,,,so yes i'have been getting out of the wrong side of bed for some time now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back