Can you "be camp" anywhere?

D

dextrous

It is legal to wild camp anywhere in Scotland and in Dartmoor, so I believe.

However, in the rest of the UK, permission has to be gained from the landowner (which may be problematic if you are up in the hills somewhere and unable to trace the owner), otherwise the law of trespass comes into operation. Has anyone heard of any petitions to get this ruling overturned?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Afaik there is no law of trespass in Scotland so maybe that has something to do with it.

No you can't be CAMP anywhere.... not if you value your teeth anyway! Anyone being CAMP in front of me gets them knocked out!

Tough if you don't like my rule! I do!

Ah - the aggressive one in self denial ;) xx

No you can't be CAMP anywhere.... not if you value your teeth anyway! Anyone being CAMP in front of me gets them knocked out!

Tough if you don't like my rule! I do!

exactly my thoughts too be camp in my household you had better like the taste of baseball bats

Annyway, enough of this homophobic banter :confused:

What about being able to pitch your tent or bivi bag anywhere you want, within reason obviously?

I don't know what the law is on it Dextrous. If it were my land, back garden, whatever, you wouldn't be allowed. :evil:

I don't know what the law is on it Dextrous. If it were my land, back garden, whatever, you wouldn't be allowed. :evil:

Any particular reason :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Well as you may have gleaned from my previous rantings, I don't like 'Campers!' :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

To be serious though, we (me, the wife and my young son), went to stay in my Father-in-laws Caravan last year and we had a great time (it wasn't in anyone's field, garden etc :D ). I don't think I'd like it if I were a Farmer and someone pitched their tent in one of my fields though.

To be serious though, we (me, the wife and my young son), went to stay in my Father-in-laws Caravan last year and we had a great time (it wasn't in anyone's field, garden etc :D ). I don't think I'd like it if I were a Farmer and someone pitched their tent in one of my fields though.

Fair enough. It's to do with "up in them there hills", for example wales which has large expanses of land used for grazing (if for anything), where a quick overnight pitch as an adventure for me and my kids, left tidy (or even tidier!) wouldn't do any harm, and identifying or even finding tha owner would be problematic.

Just wondering why it's OK in Scotland and Dartmoor, but not elsewhere.

Sponsored Links
Back