Can You Cook...

Sponsored Links
I know (but I wish I didn't) about halal certification and have corresponded with Warburtons on the matter - they are one of the few companies that replied to my complaints. I will not buy their, or any other company's products as long as those products bear the halal symbol. I and many others have stated this to many offending manufacturers.
I'm absolutely fascinated as to why you are so upset.

What did you write in your letter to Warbies and what was their reply?

Are you offended that their food is halal and if so, why?

All it means is that an official has been to their factory and checked that the ingredients, food handling and production processes satisfy their requirements.

In the same way that food is certified Kosher for Jewish customers.

Or certified as vegetarian or vegan by the Vegetarian or Vegan Societies.

Are you upset when products are manufactured to meet these dietary requirements too?

Sponsored Links
Stuffed full of preservatives I daresay.
Not stuffed, but there is some E282 in the bread. Calcium Propionate. It inhibits mould growth.
A lot of preservatives have been removed or reduced. Many foods rely on natural preservatives, like sugar, salt or vinegar or a combination thereof.

You will notice two things here.
1. I'm a Hypocrite
20220515_142007.jpg

2. I'm good at the reduced items shop.

As I've said in a past post, we eat well and cheap. A main shop will be Aldi sometime Lidle but I often go Sainsbury to get the reduced items...

Warburtons products have the halal symbol on their packaging, which means that some of the money you pay goes to people who want to kill you.
Each to their own in terms of what they want to post on forums, however I've noticed a trend on this GD forum that threads with little or nothing to do with 'isms' end up going down a sort of OT rabbit hole. The posts then end up bearing little or no resemblance to the OPs intended debate.

Sad really.

Why sweat stuff like halal symbols on food? If you want to go down that route, at least it's a symbol you can see and its meaning is in the public domain. For all you know, maybe the <insert any household product here> you use was manufactured by people that follow Islam. Maybe the quality control dept. of the car you bought is predominantly staffed by followers of Islam? Maybe some of them hold views verging on the extreme? Maybe the last person to slap a 'passed QA' label on the car said a quick prayer over the car under their breath, saying 'down with the west and anyone who owns this car!'

My slightly sarcastic point is the world we live in is filled with horrible people of all colours, all religions, no religion. These people work. They're employed. We live in a global trade economy whether we like it or not. Simply by the law of averages, the production of some of the stuff in your house will have been by followers of Islam. Some of them maybe don't like the west, even if they live here.

Cliche. We have one shot at our life. Try not to waste any portion of it hating things that more often than not don't represent the majority of people who are involved in that thing.

You will notice two things here.
1. I'm a Hypocrite
2. I'm good at the reduced items shop.

As I've said in a past post, we eat well and cheap. A main shop will be Aldi sometime Lidle but I often go Sainsbury to get the reduced items...

There's nowt' wrong with saving money & buying reduced price food items at the supermarket is one of the few ways to do it.

Do you just buy anything/everything that's been reduced or are you buying "meals"?

How much of that lot will you be throwing away???

There's nowt' wrong with saving money & buying reduced price food items at the supermarket is one of the few ways to do it.

Do you just buy anything/everything that's been reduced or are you buying "meals"?

How much of that lot will you be throwing away???

I try to buy healthy and what we like. But sometimes the barging is too good to not buy.

We have wasted in the past, try not to but it happens

Sponsored Links
Back