Can You Cook...

Sponsored Links
I will not buy their, or any other company's products as long as those products bear the halal symbol. I and many others have stated this to many offending manufacturers.

So you say it's the symbol you object to

Like objecting to the cross on Rizlas. Or buns.

Nutter.

Sponsored Links
Until recently, supermarkets were rejecting veg that wasn't uniform shape and size because "customers want perfect looking produce".

This rejected produce would end up in the bin.

Talk about families going short and all this perfectly edible food is going in the bin?

Utterly perverse.

Who cares what shape it is when it gets chopped, blended etcetera?

That is why you now find cheaper bags of stuff called "Wonky" whatever in the stores.

Edited for spelin.

Last edited:
Booking our shopping slot today that milk has gone up again this week.
Why is milk going up?
It's gone up close to 30% during the past few months.

You might recall something called "coronavirus" from two years ago; it was in all the papers. The government created £400,000,000,000 of new money to pay for it. The creation of new money is called inflation, and it makes the price of everything go up. If you went along with "coronavirus" back then, you cannot complain about rising prices now.

Maybe they see prices going up for most other things so may as well put milk up.

Yes, that is inflation profiteering. Make no mistake, we are in a "great inflation" and make no mistake, it has been caused entirely by the government. It has happened in many countries, many times, in the past; most notably in Germany in the 1930s. Read about their great inflation and look forward to the horrors to come!

Don't tell the Dork, but I got some more

Attachments

• 20220516_171520.jpg
    20220516_171520.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 30
approaching the 30p meal target?

when I used to work some evenings, I would often call in at the supermart around 11pm and pick up bargains trhat were due to go off at midnight.

approaching the 30p meal target?

when I used to work some evenings, I would often call in at the supermart around 11pm and pick up bargains trhat were due to go off at midnight.

Wouldn't even try... I'd like to see a Tory pm live on 30p food and a happy life...

Yesterday, fancying a carvery, I decided to give a place I have been to before for a carvery, a more distant where it has always been good - another try out. Both around the same price, but our very local one keeps the food out under heat lamps, by the time they sell it, everything tends to be dried out and not very nice. The alternative was well worth the effort - the local place will not get my custom again.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a part cooked chicken from Lidl, to reheat for my Sunday dinner. Good buy, I really enjoyed it and there was plenty of chicken left. I decided to make chicken a la creme, to freeze for the future. It made three frozen helpings, plus skin and leg meat for the dog. I had one of them this afternoon, with chips and peas and quite enjoyed it, with a glass of my home made white wine. Cooked chicken breast, butter fried onion and mushrooms and a pot of single cream.

Last week I bought four very fresh oven bottom cakes and a small pot of dripping, I had one, froze three of them - since when I hate two more with dripping. I took the last one out to defrost, to make a ham sandwich, with some Wiltshire ham I picked up today. The defrosted oven cake tasted as fresh as they day I bought it, I really enjoyed it. Funny how the taste of things can take you back in time. The last time I tasted oven bottom cakes as fresh as that, was as a youngster, in a local market - I would go with a small holder uncle and he would usually buy me a buttered oven bottom cake. No ham filling, just buttered - I didn't like ham at the time, or cheese and probably lots of other things.

Sponsored Links
Back