Can you fit a washing machine upright in an Astravan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a new style (2007) Astravan, need to know if you can fit a washing machine in it upright ..

Washing machine is 85cm high - as far as I can tell the max load height is 900mm for the van, but I assume that's the height once you've got it inside, not the height of the rear opening, if you see what I mean? Don't have the van at the moment so can't measure it - has anyone out there had a washing machine upright in one of these?

Cheers,
Jim

Sponsored Links
Sorry, what's an upright washing machine??? Do you mean a top loader?

Presumably this is for transport only and not a mini-caravan conversion?

This'll do ya:

http://mccraw.co.uk/biking-washing-machine/#more-1664
7462142956_8e1d7eb4fd.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yeah, right. Add 20 years and 8 stone and your nearly there.

Hi, I have a new style (2007) Astravan, need to know if you can fit a washing machine in it upright ..

Washing machine is 85cm high - as far as I can tell the max load height is 900mm for the van, but I assume that's the height once you've got it inside, not the height of the rear opening, if you see what I mean? Don't have the van at the moment so can't measure it - has anyone out there had a washing machine upright in one of these?

Cheers,

Jim

Do you by any chance wear White shell suits ?

FFS this is the plumbing forum. :rolleyes:

And who's more likely to have come across this problem before and therefore know the answer? A plumber, or ...??

Thanks for the "help", next time I'll just ask the first random **** in the street, probably be just as useful.

Vertical clearance is 800mm, should anybody stray across this post for purposes other than ridiculing someone asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Hi, I have a new style (2007) Astravan.
Don't have the van at the moment so can't measure it .

a slight contradiction there. do you have the van or not?

maybe ask the owner if you can measure it?

do you have a tape measure?

that would be my logical approach to your problem.

:rolleyes: [/b]

Vertical clearance is 800mm
All you need now is the average height of a washing machine!

It's 850mm, which you could have found out from umpty-dozen websites with washing machines on.
Some people lay themselves open to ridicule.

Vertical clearance is 800mm

Some people lay themselves open to ridicule.

Some people can't read the original post! "Washing machine is 85cm high"

It's my van, it was in for a service, it's back now, I used my tape measure, in my Chelsea Blue shell suit, and the perfectly obvious question is now answered, no thanks to anyone here.

Perhaps I should have posted on a Van forum, though that would have been met with "I thought this was a forum about vans.." no doubt.

Some people can't read the original post! "Washing machine is 85cm high"

It's my van, it was in for a service, it's back now, I used my tape measure, in my Chelsea Blue shell suit, and the perfectly obvious question is now answered, no thanks to anyone here.

Perhaps I should have posted on a Van forum, though that would have been met with "I thought this was a forum about vans.." no doubt.
With respect, I've asked for clarification of what you actually mean and you didn't supply it, so I was unable to help you :confused:

What do you actually mean "can you fit it upright?" How else would one have a washing machine??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back