Can you fit a washing machine upright in an Astravan?

You either stick it in the back of the van upright, or on it's side, back or front. Preferable to transport upright if you don't have the transit bolts. Would you like a crayon drawing?

Sponsored Links
It's my van, it was in for a service, it's back now, I used my tape measure, in my Chelsea Blue shell suit, and the perfectly obvious question is now answered, no thanks to anyone here.

i could have told you that it would fit in my van upright but i have a transit, that would have been even less use. does wearing a shell suit affect the dimensions in some way? :)

You either stick it in the back of the van upright, or on it's side, back or front. Preferable to transport upright if you don't have the transit bolts. Would you like a crayon drawing?
If that's all you can manage :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway - I've been polite and you're just being rude and ignorant. All the best for the future :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's polite.

Troll? I asked a perfectly reasonable question!

Do you have a van the same as described? Have you got a washing machine in it? Could you fit it in the right way up?

Then all I get is "do you mean a top loader?" "do you plan on plumbing it into the van" and so on...

What is wrong with you people? If you know it will fit in, or if it won't, say so - fine, a bit of sarcasm, possibly asked for - but to become an "imbecillic troll" in the space of a handful of replies - unbelievable.

Dear KHpb apologies that you have had some waste of time comments re your request as its normally decent on here, get the feeling that some of your answers were from posters that havent been "upright" themselves for a while, good luck mate

Dear KHpb apologies that you have had some waste of time comments re your request as its normally decent on here, get the feeling that some of your answers were from posters that havent been "upright" themselves for a while, good luck mate
Aye. Maybe I did overreact. I couldn't fathom that he was asking what he was actually asking on a plumbing forum and assumed he must have meant something else; which for the life of me didn't make sense. Hence my asking for clarification; and hence my ire at his rude tone.

It should be in the appliances forum anyway :mrgreen:

Maybe I did overreact. I couldn't fathom that he was asking what he was actually asking on a plumbing forum and assumed he must have meant something else; which for the life of me didn't make sense. Hence my asking for clarification; and hence my ire at his rude tone.

What is there to misunderstand? English is your native language, yes? I also work as a proof-reader - my English, prose, etc, is impeccable! Certainly way more than your average plumber .. and this WAS the best place for this comment/topic/question.

FFS, made the topic title and the OP as concise as possible.

Calorific, I note 300-odd posts and 7 thanks - in the last month or so - says to me you're a lurker just taking the pee whenever you can - not got enough work? I wonder why :rolleyes:

I have better things to do than hang around on a forum like this - you'll see around a dozen posts from me in 5 years or so - I use it when I need to - and as another poster (possibly a mod) commented, it USED TO BE GOOD - ****s like you kinda devalue it, you know? Think about it.

Moronic responses from people like you make me think I'll find a better forum. Pity. I used to like this place.

Take a good look at yourself. Consider whether you add or detract from this forum. Yeah? .. cue another sarcastic response - believe me you'll lose in the end!!

Calm down dear. It is only an internet forum. You only drive an Astravan; and your English is not as impeccable as you might like to think.

I stood an LEC upright fridge in the back of my Mitsubishi Pajero :mrgreen:

I was kind of trying to apologise. I genuinely misunderstood what you were asking as it was a strange question to ask on here. You were pretty rude and unlike a couple of others I was really trying to understand what you were asking about on a plumbing forum. I guess you've never mis-read anything in your life, which is a real achievement and I envy you.

Anyway, seems like it's you that wants to continue to hurl abuse. Shame, if it makes you feel all big and warm then who am I to argue? :rolleyes:

PS - you make a lot of assumptions based on limited evidence. What makes you think I spend most of my life in the plumbing forum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back