Can you fit a washing machine upright in an Astravan?

Dan - semi-colon? Really?

Calorific .. get a life chap - do you live on here?

Agreed - I'm here also at nearly 1am on a Saturday morning .. first time at computer for a week - why? have had a life and work for previous week!

Night night, girls..

Sponsored Links
I come on here to de-stress after busy and hectic days in a full time job. What's wrong with that? Why are you still being so unpleasant? :confused:

I don't remember making claims about my prose :rolleyes:

Besides, a semi colon is preferable IMHO to starting a sentence with "And".

As implied before, those in glass houses should be careful when throwing stones.

Now be a good chap and jog on..

De-stressing is fine, and understandable ... simply taking the **** at what you perceive to be a newbie (assumed) is .. well, I guess that's your bag. It isn't mine. Have been an active member on 3 other forums and been banned from all (for fair enough reasons) - so use this forum strictly for reasonable and relevant questions. Am I taking the **** out of the previous poster saying he can fit a fridge in his transit (or whatever) - no! .. I get how forums work..

Just, one, just one single useful response would have been appreciated - and for once this forum failed - fair enough - but endless ridicule - **** that.

Mods - I actually typed asterii .. not **** or **** or **** (they were asterii too!)

Sponsored Links
Dan - "And" - very fair comment - same goes for "But" .. not exactly checking my replies when responding to a bunch of hostile apparently clique members ... I salute your knowledge of English, grammar and stuff.

The semi-colon was wrong though. Simple as that.

I thought you were going to bed?

Been banned from 3 other forums?

That is going some. Perhaps it should tell you something??

Sure as shlt tells me you have no idea how forums work :LOL:

I apologise again. I genuinely thought that for some reason you were trying to install a washing machine into a van (stranger things have happened and been asked about), which seemed to be the only sensible reason for your OP on a plumbing forum, hence my responses. Only when you came out with the "crayon drawing" jibe did I get miffed and I have said that I over-reacted and removed my OTT post.

At no stage prior to this did I ridicule you. So you focusing in on me is a bit OTT IMO. Also, you know sweet FA about me nor my day job.

I spend most of my time on the GD part of the board, hence a high post rate and low thanks rate. We all have our ways of passing the time - and indeed our reasons for following fewer outdoor pursuits.

No, I was going to make dinner .. not that it's any of your business.

Banned? I don't suffer fools gladly - and too keen to make that known - go figure - there are many fools out there!

I await with trepidation my first infraction for using an asterix repeatedly.. :rolleyes:

Genuine (non sarcastic point) - on the whole I tend to find that those who don't suffer fools gladly tend to be the biggest fools of all. :confused: Perhaps the GD is a better place for this little "tete a tete" to remove to, if you can be bothered?

Calorific - really - what kind of a complete **** would try to install a washing machine into a van? Really? My question asked ..blah blah blah FIT .. as in can you fit it in - not ****ing install it in - how mental would that be??

This is getting ridiculous.

Apology accepted.

I just wanted to know if I could transport a washing machine from A to B in my van, with the machine (Washing type) being upright - not top loader, or whatever else has been stupidly suggested ... I don't want to wash my smalls in my van ... or ... zzzz .. Jeez! People! This has been the worst experience on this forum by far ... seriously. Get a ****ing life!

Cal - I can't see why you were picked on in this and it is clear the OP has a massive chip on his/her shoulder (but if drove a Vauxhall anything I probably would too).

I don't suffer fools gladly either, yet have not managed to get banned from a forum. Indeed, I am a moderator on a couple.

I'd prefer not to have to go in the GSD though. Far too many loonies in there.

Now, if you'll both excuse me for a minute - i am trying desperately to find out why in the name of Beelzebub's nut sack my office server's own software won't find the server on our network - even though I am watching Team America from it using standard Windows Media Player :evil:

@KHBp - Who knows? You might have been trying to set up some kind of peculiar launderette service :eek: Or indeed you might be a bit bonkers and want to live and sleep/camp in your van but have a thing about clean clothes. There are some weird fookers out there- how do we know you ain't one of them? ;)

I know what you mean now, obviously. Others seemed to know it too, hence their responses. I was pondering upon whether you meant something outside the box.

@Dan - thanks. As for not being banned, well I can't claim that that's entirely true. On the whole I try to behave on factual parts of forums, but have pushed it a bit (well, TBH a lot more than a bit :oops:) on GD's

Anyway, let's move on :)

FFS, made the topic title and the OP as concise as possible
Shouldn't that be ...I made the topic...?

Hoist by your own petard, methinks.

Sorry it's a bit late, but I came back into this thread for a bit of a laugh - and it worked!

Mods - I actually typed asterii .. not **** or **** or **** (they were asterii too!)
Asterii refers to a group of Astra Vans - Asterisks is the collective of asterisk :idea: Ergo ; " Zanusii ad Asterii " is the motto of Argos ( Argii? ) washing machine delivery service :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back