Can you have 1 combi boiler feeding 2 properties?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you have 1 combi boiler feeding 2 properties? :confused:
I have looked through my books just to see if you can fit a combi in 1 flat and feed another down stairs to it,
Does anyone know where I can find the info or does anyone have the answer. I was going to fit zone valves and 2 room stats/programmers.
Hope you can help
Regard Tony
:confused:

Sponsored Links
I can just imagine the fun and games in the morning, when one resident is taking a shower whilst another finishes loading their washing machine and starts running a bath.......

You can if hot water delivery is from a cylinder.

I look after a few properties where this is the case. It's a disaster...all the result of tight wad landlords.

Each tenant has to coordinate their DHW usage with each other since the flowrate is insufficient and a combi will never supply sufficient hot water.

The communal hall has a programable 'stat but the tenants don't understand it.

Because of the shared boiler the landlord pays for the gas, as you can imagine the gas bill is vast.

Forget the idea.

Sponsored Links
i was thinking on those lines, i was just needing something on paper to say no!. but theres a few boiler fits so its all about money.. :rolleyes:

A good storage combi with weather compensation could answer all those difficulties.

You can use a heat only boilers
and a cylinder to supply several flats.

But you have to have the heat on all the time to keep shift workers happy.

Or have individually times and stated zones.

Tony

By installing a Rinnai 26i for the water and a Viessmann 100/Intergas system boiler fitted with that thing Rouge trader dreams about, you could have a very economical, reliable, energy efficient system.

Tim

:eek: .S**T! YOU WOULD THINK I HAD FITTED THE SYSTEM. BUT A BIG THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS, IT'S JUST ONE OF THEM THINGS THAT YOU GET ASKED AND YOU DO YOUR BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER, BUT I THROUGHT IT WAS WRONG AND I JUSTED ASKED THE QUESTION ANYWAY. :LOL: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back