mixer & combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you put any mixer shower with a combi or does it have to be compatible with the boiler?
Also, does this include the the bar type mixer showers too, and does it make a difference if its not thermostatic?.
Can I tee off the existing hot and cold bath tap feeds?

Finally, can you have a mixer if you have not got a combi and could you put the immersion on then have a shower ?????

Sponsored Links
Any mixer will go fine with any combi, just make sure it can handle mains pressure.

Can you put any mixer shower with a combi or does it have to be compatible with the boiler?

it helps

Am i right in saying that i can t off the existing hot and cold bath tap feeds?

you could not advisable tho

?.Also forgive me for being naive but can you have a mixer if you have not got a combi, could you put immersion on then have a shower ?????

yes depending on the head of water and where it comes from :idea:

Sponsored Links

it helps

Am i right in saying that i can t off the existing hot and cold bath tap feeds?

you could not advisable tho

?.Also forgive me for being naive but can you have a mixer if you have not got a combi, could you put immersion on then have a shower ?????

yes depending on the head of water and where it comes from :idea:

why is it not advised to t off your h&c bath feed? is there another way i could do it?

Any mixer will go fine with any combi, just make sure it can handle mains pressure.

how can you find out what your mains pressure is?
No need for that. Any tap suitable for mains pressure will hold at any mains pressure. If the mains is excessively high, there will be a pressure reducer on the incoming.

thanx for help but now can you tell me if it is ok to t off the bath feeds for the mixer shower? and can i use speedfit or with copper be best? waiting in anticipation :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back