Can you put 2 cables on load side of a single fcu?

Personally I don't see a difference between a double socket and 2 FCU's except the majority of double sockets are rated at 20A total and some only 13A.
Same here, and no matter what some might think/say about the 'rating' of a double public, I think you would probably struggle to find a significant number of 'end users' (i.e. the general public) who had even dreamed that it was not acceptable to plug 2 x 13A (if they had 2 x 13A loads to plug in, which many people probably don't!) loads into a double socket.

In any event, as EFLI implied, one FCU with a 3A fuse plus one with a 13A fuse obviously 'adds up' to less than even 20A :)
But regs is regs is right
It's not "a reg" - rather, it's 'informative guidance' in an Appendix to the regs.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now here's a question for those of you who believe that one is 'not allowed' to have two single sockets supplied by one unfused spur ...

If one has two of these ...
1677621288257.jpeg

... installed in one of these ....
1677621387553.png

... then is that one diouble socket or two single sockets? :)

Kind Regards, John

Did it really take you 26 mins to write your 10-word one? :) I suspect, that (as we all do so often!) you simply "hadn't noticed" my post!
No, your post is on the next page which I did not realise was there until I posted my reply to Sunray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back