Can you put a toothbrush charger in a cabinet?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace this with something nice. The bathroom layout is a bit awkward, with a window in front of the basin, so no space to move this nearer the basin - wife does not want it, or a cupboard, above the toilet either. This is space is near the door too, so not sure we want anything that can be knocked off a shelf etc.

So, thinking of cabinet with toothbrush charger (rather than shaver socket) in a cupboard, or embed in wall with cabinet built around it. The ready made ones are silly prices.

So, something like this, inside something like this

IMG_20211021_145727319.jpg

IMG_20211021_145738859_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes opf course you can, providing the electrical connections comply with the rules for bathroom.
The downside of that charger (in your link) is that you are then stuck with the Oral-B way of doing things. If you had a decent electric toothbrush, or water floss thingy (like a Philips), then that charge plate is no good to you.
I would put a standard bathroom 2-pin charger socket in your cupboard (use the one you already have?) then you have options...

Might do that. The charger I have is old (somebody here found the original details, dating back to the 80s I think) but it works well. No overheating with a toothbrush plugged in, unlike the new charger I bought and replaced.

I just need to get the SDS out again and make more dust to make a hole big enough....

Sponsored Links
Best of both worlds?
I still can’t charge my Philips toothbrush on that thing. Or my water floss tool or my shaver. Bathroom USB socket would be more useful,….

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back