not enough sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer advice, i have refitted my bathroom, in the room is a cupboard which currently has a duel voltage shaver socket fitted to the wall. what i want to do is attach a shelf underneath and have all my rechargeable item ie shaver 2 x toothbrushes and hair clipper on the shelf, i on occasions would like to charge more than one item at a time,
question one, can i use both sockets on the shaver socket ie 240 and110. or will i damage my chargers if it is the wrong one.
secondly, if the answer is no to above can you buy shaver sockets with 2 x 240v slots. hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
This has been asked several times. I have only ever seen shaver points that have dual output, one at 110v and one at 230v/ They are meant to only supply one or the other.

Never tried to use both outputs at the same time.

Shaver sockets are rated as 20VA total so if your toothbrush/shavers will work with 110v and are only rated at 10VA (watts) each then it should work.

Dont know why you need to charge em all the time. My toothbrush is good for 3/4 days on one charge.

thanks for that, i have only seen the two also, its not a case of leaving the toothbrush on all the time its more the flexibility to charge more than one item at once.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back