shaver socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
being a diy'er can i fit my own socket in the bathroom? i'm planning on fitting it above the toilet, the cistern is of the concealed type, as long as the length of the flex of the shaver/toothbrush charger is long enough to prevent it falling in the pan is this a safe location? i plan to leave the shaver/charger resting on the shelf of the boxing concealing the cistern.

Sponsored Links
Electrical work in a bathroom is notifiable to the LABC under part P of the building regulations.You need to inform them of any work you wish to carry out and get it inspected for a fee or employ the services of a registered electrician

1. You can only fit a safety socket with input & output separated (eg a shaver socket).
2. You can fit it yourself but remember that a bathroom is a notifiable area. You must comply with Building regulations Part P and will have to notify the local authority and they will want to charge you a substantial fee and will insist that they inspect the installation. See the Wiki for more info.
Better you should just have a registered electrician do the job for you. There's lots to be considered, equipotential bonding etc and I suggest you get soemone in to do it for you.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back