Shaver socket in bathroom - hairdryer?

I don't think that confederacy has a clue what he is on about - also as the OP was still working to the 16th edn regs his reply is pointless.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a exceptionally large bathroom, your best option is to use your hair dryer in another room.

I was thinking of putting an Arc Welder in the bathroom. Will that run off of the usual Shaver Socket wiring Confederacy? :cool:

No, that's silly.
There won't be enough power.

Very silly.
Of course it won't work.

My advice would be to tee off from the door bell transformer, that'll be fine :)

My advice would be to tee off from the door bell transformer, that'll be fine :)

On the primary or secondary? Perhaps with a large enough bell transformer, some parts of the welder could be emitted completely? Should save a few pounds.

Sponsored Links
Maybe he's the guy who thought you could wire an electric shower by pushing 1.5mm into the cutout :D

Remember that one? lol (and if anyone has the pictures from that thread as it got killed off before I had chance to save them :cry: )

[url]http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TCHDR50SS.html[/url] said:
* Powerful 750w.

Powerful in comparison to what??? a 60 watt lightbulb??? :eek:

If you can mount an accessory 3m horizontally from the edge of zone 1, you may consider fitting a standard BS1363 socket outlet for your hairdryer, or an IP equivalent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back