Can you re-set an intruder alarm system

get a new one , as said before, much less hassle

i will definetly get a new one, but now that Richard C mentioned the re-set code, i just want to check out of curiosity...

anyway the panel i've got is primitive, and doesn't look user friendly at all

thanks mate

Sponsored Links
panels do not have a "reset code"

you can default all panels back to factory default, which is by various means (depending on panel)

a lot of panels have the buttons you mention.

also if yours is under the stairs, not very user friendly is it, newer panels have a remot keypad which you can put some where more conveiniant

I would expect the lights to have the following meaning:

Mains: You are running on mains power. If it's out you're on back-up battery.

Day: The system isn't armed. I imagine that this one is lit now.

One to five: One or more of these will be lit if the alarm has been activated.

Tamper: This will light if your tamper loop is broken.

The tamper loop consists of two extra cores in each cable wired up as a single, unbroken series circuit. Anything that can be opened, including the alarm box itself, should have a switch wired into this circuit to break it if the lid is removed. A tamper loop should always be active but if the main alarm is not armed it is unlikely to set off the outside sounder, only a small beeper in the alarm box itself.

With the limited number of keys that you have, I would suggest that either # or * functions as a reset key (probably #). The other one might be used to arm the alarm. If the thing is going off I would try #XXXX where XXXX is your four digit code. If that doesn't work try *XXXX.

The obvious problem with such a simple keypad is the programming. How do you change your code? Does pressing # and * together get you into program mode and, if it does, what next? Maybe someone else can help.

bristis standard 4737 says only one light for cct should be lit,(to indicate which cct went off) so that bit is wrong,

the panel is inaceesable / useless position.

there is a time to stop trying to flog a dead horse

Sponsored Links
Richard C,

have you got instructions mate??? the one i've got is 5 zones not 3 as i said previously (i just had another look)

cheers
Fraid not, I left them at my previous house; but I would have thought they shouldn't be too dificult to get hold of!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back