Can you recommend a Thermostatic Mixer Valve (TMV2 approved)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a TMV to limit the temperature of the DHW output of my unvented solar cylinder. I want to avoid a TMV which significantly reduces my flow rate, but at the right price. The Horne Heatstat T2 appears to be designed for the job. Does anyone have any other preferences?

Sponsored Links
First and formost, i'd look at the cylinder stat and see wot its set at. it could be set higher than the recommened temp. . No point in heating it up to 65'c if your goner cool it as it leaves the unit it's wasting energy. but then there's the legionella risk to consider by lowering it below 62'c. So depends on wot you intend to achieve? if it's just for limting bath water might as well just place a tmv under bath. Any mixer showers should blend automatically

The reason I need a TMV is because I've got a solar cylinder. Temperatures can theoretically get up to 80C, if we get good weather (a big if). Obviously I need to protect against that with a TMV, but would prefer not to have individual TMV's at each DHW outlet, and just have a single unit (but higher capcity) on the cylinder.

the solar controller should work in conjuction with the cylinder stat. not seperatly, theory is if solar has heated up to set temp on cylinder it stops shunting heat to the solar coil if the controls are set up right. So by your installer altering the solar controller this problem shouldn't arrise

Sponsored Links
See what the good solar manufacturers use.

With unvented HW storage and solar it is usual to heat the HW to 80-82C for storage, then mix it via the TMV down to tap outlet temperature.

This makes the stored HW go a lot further, no risk of bugs etc. This should be standard on an unvented solar installation.

With a good quality s/steel cylinder there will be no problem of scale build up either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back