Can you tell me what these are please.

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All.

DSC00184.jpg

Can somebody please tell me if the blue 'things' are capacitors, and if so what is their purpose ? ( some sort of surge protection ? :oops: )

Many thanks.

Ed

Sponsored Links
What is it in?

Can you see anything written on the blue jobbies?

They are inside the 'busbar chamber's, connected to each phase and neutral, going to earth I do believe.
(It was within a major data centre, if that is of any help)

Thanks Lads

I suppose you have spotted the loose blue conductor !

Sponsored Links
My suspicion is that they are surge arresters put there to clamp any high voltage spikes. In a pre-semiconductor age these would have been gas filled devices. They could switch at lightning speed and sink huge currents. The modern version is much more likely to be a transorb; a pair of zener diodes back to back. On the other hand they might be simple capacitors. There are some markings on the one second from the left that I can't quite make out. Can you elaborate?

They are inside the 'busbar chamber's, connected to each phase and neutral, going to earth I do believe.
(It was within a major data centre, if that is of any help)

Thanks Lads

I suppose you have spotted the loose blue conductor !
& the loose brown & the loose grey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back