Conduit.

• Thread starter EdwardCurrent
  • Start date
E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,

Does anybody know where I can find any tips on bending and setting of steel conduit please ?.
Back of bend, marking of the former and all that caper. Please.
Many thanks.

Ed.

Sponsored Links
If I get time & remember tomorrow evening I'll scan & post some for you.

You might need to remind me though ;)

A nice little cheat to get spot on 90's where you want them is as to make yourself a template to keep on the van.

Cut of a piece of conduit about 600mm long and run a hacksaw around it about 150mm from one end. Put the conduit in the bender so the score lines up with the start of the former and the longer section is ready to bend. Once you've pulled the bend take it out of the former and check its 90deg.

The next time you need to measure a bend you simply hold the template where you want the bend to be and measure to your score. You then mark that measurement on your new piece of tube, line it up with the start of the former and the bend will be in the right place every time.

Thanks Pensdown.

Comms, how do I remind you ? :eek: I don't want to appear 'pushy' as I understand and appreciate your efforts to help me here.

Many Thanks

Ed.

Sponsored Links
:oops: :oops:

I don't remember posting that !! :eek:

Very sorry, and thanks very much for the help ColJack, very helpful and clear.

Ed.

Did I post one on memory loss in general discussion I wonder ?! :oops:

Do you 'overpull' a ninety degree bend, then bend both lengths 'backwards' to achieve a 'bubble set' ?? When I try I seem to make the 'bubble' too tall to fit really neatly over another conduit. :oops:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...n+sense+conduit+bending&Go.x=13&Go.y=15&Go=Go
Amazon.co.uk: common sense conduit bending

get something like this as bending saddles requires angles and measurements,you bend the first mark, flip the conduit over 180, bend the second mark, flip over 180 again and bend the third,the middle bend has twice the amount of bend as the first and third
usually saddles are bent at 15-30-15 degrees and 22.5-45-22.5 degrees
you measure the od of the object plus clearance,times by 4 for a 15 degree bend and that gives you the figure to mark the conduit

Thank you very much for the help.

Once again you (site regulars) have come up trumps for little or no thanks.

I admire your ways, and do thank you very much.

Ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back