how to bend black enamel steel conduit

What's the best stuff to use to repair damage to the coating, e.g. vice marks?

Any old black aerosol from Halfords?

You will usually end up with vise marks which cannot be removed - if you are clever and have pride you try to make sure you grip the conduit in the vise where you know a saddle is going to be used ;) Perdantic, yes. Looks good though.

I have not used black enamel for a good while, and the wholesalers here would have to order it if I wanted it. We use galv when required. When we did used to use enamaled, it was rare for the coating to flake, but it was easy to mark if you where not careful. You should carry a tin of black paint as a matter of course ;)

We had some crap PVC conduit for a job we where doing once, every bend you pulled the conduit would split or buckle. We had to have the rep out before they would replace the lot. It was the wholesaler going cheapo on us for the quote. Always stick to MT conduit - it is sturdy and wipe clean. MITA stuff has a matt finsih and marks to easy with dirty hands.

Sponsored Links
What's the best stuff to use to repair damage to the coating, e.g. vice marks?

Any old black aerosol from Halfords?

You will usually end up with vice marks which cannot be removed, ie dents and dips etc - if you are clever and have pride you try to make sure you grip the conduit in the vice where you know a saddle is going to be used ;)
Perdantic, yes. Looks good though.

I have not used black enamel for a good while, and the wholesalers here would have to order it if I wanted it. We use galv when required. When we did used to use enamaled, it was rare for the coating to flake, but it was easy to mark if you where not careful. You should carry a tin of black paint as a matter of course ;)

We had some crap PVC conduit for a job we where doing once, every bend you pulled the conduit would split or buckle. We had to have the rep out before they would replace the lot. It was the wholesaler going cheapo on us for the quote. Always stick to MT conduit - it is sturdy and wipe clean. MITA stuff has a matt finsih and marks to easy with dirty hands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back