Can You Use 'Just For Copper' Adhesive On Gas Pipes?

Polished or not (and ignoring the disastrous let-by result and the anomalous Yorkshire) that's astonishing, Dan.

Do you hold your torch ten feet away to avoid heat discolouration?

PS I've just seen the trove of "BS" in the CC repository: sincere thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That was that job I did a few years ago where we had a massive argument with the Grid over the concealed meter box and they had to RIDDOR their own staff :LOL:

Let By :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My local has had a lot of work done replacing gas pipes from the meter to other areas/appliances. The main 28mm pipe from meter is visible in corner of bar area from floor up to the ceiling. It is standard copper tube and end feed fittings. I notice they haven't been soldered, and there is a dark substance where you would expect to see the usual solder 'ring of confidence' where the pipe enters the fittings.

What is this likely to be? Just For Copper adhesive? Wasn't aware you could use it on gas if it is.
Just watched a Youtube video from Allan Hart "How to Solder Copper pipe without a flame UK" he uses a product called Super Power and its approved for gas, what do you think?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That was that job I did a few years ago where we had a massive argument with the Grid over the concealed meter box and they had to RIDDOR their own staff :LOL:

Let By :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m still hyperventilating over your recent debacle of the commercial meter in a domestic dwelling and grid in procedural meltdown! :rolleyes::confused:

Just watched a Youtube video from Allan Hart "How to Solder Copper pipe without a flame UK" he uses a product called Super Power and its approved for gas, what do you think?

Hmmmn! Looks nice and easy on a workbench... how about when you’re on your back down a rabbit hole and the pipes are in a tight corner! Internal abrasion of fitting needs a better tool than just the magic-paper they supply (is it magic or just 60 grit paper?); and the glue applicator could do with some rethinking for inside fittings and outside pipes... then it’s down to actually trying it in the field...

Yes, just seen it myself and it does look like it's ok to use these products on nat gas and LPG - according to the label on the front of the bottle. I reckon it's Super Power, or something similar, that's been used on the pub gas pipe as it's similar colour but a bit darker. May poss go darker when it sets. I'm not too great on colours.

https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/super-power-solderless-copper-bonding-50ml

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back