Candy CDIM 6120PR-80 dishwasher not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Candy dishwasher has stopped heating the water - we got an E8 error code, so changed the element, but it is still not heating the water.
Any help greatly appreciated as is only just over 2 years old.

Sponsored Links
It could be the PCB or a component on there. If it is only 2 years old it may still be in warrantee.Contacting the manufacturer may be a good first port of call.

It means opening the door, and removing the PCB for a visual inspection and checking for any known PCB faults relating to the heater relay.

Other than that it means testing with a multimeter, or getting an appliance repair person out to do it if that is beyond your knowledge.

Mine had a relay failure on the PCB albeit after 15 years of owning it.

It was a known fault on the machine (Bosch) so I bought a new relay and soldered it myself.

Machine is now 18 years old and still as good as new....

Last edited:
My Candy dishwasher has stopped heating the water - we got an E8 error code, so changed the element, but it is still not heating the water.
Any help greatly appreciated as is only just over 2 years old.

Apologies for dragging up an old thread - did you rectify your dishwasher fault? Ask as I'm experiencing the E8 code and lack of heated water on an identical model. So far have removed the water heating element for inspection but this tested ok for resistance with a multimeter.

Sponsored Links
An alternative for the E8 code says to clean the filter plate?

Other than that....as I suggested....check the pcb for a damaged heater relay.

On the Bosch this was a common fault so had a lot of existing literature.

...had several attempts to repair the Candy dishwasher heating fault - still no joy.

Trawled many threads in the forum for dishwasher heating fault info, in order to gain an understanding of where the heating system commonly fails. I've carried out the following:

Measured resistance of the heating element, gives 29 ohms, which I believe indicates the element is in good order.
Replaced the NTC thermostat.
Replaced the PCB heater micro relay. (On inspection there wasn't any sign of burn marks on the circuit board or micro relay beforehand)
Inspected wiring to/from heating element, all in good condition, making good connections to other components.
Unwrapped the protective tape around wires routed up into the base of door for inspection (as they're subjected to flex each time door is opened) - all in good condition.

Are there any other components that have an input to a dishwasher heating system? Assumed the door latch sensor must provide an input, have examined and cleaned the spade connectors on there too.

The machine operates ok in all respects except heating the water. Each program runs it's course as expected - fills, sprays, opens the soap hatch, washes, drains - always in the expected time frames. Rinse aid and salt levels are topped up.

:confused:

Any (sensible!) suggestions on what to try next greatly appreciated.

Replacing the 'safety pressure switch' resolved the issue. Part 474 on the diagram.

upload_2019-10-18_21-1-53.png

Replacing the 'safety pressure switch' resolved the issue. Part 474 on the diagram.

View attachment 173545
Can I ask, how is the safety pressure switch (part 474) removed? Does it screw off? I have been into the bottom but it seems fixed solid and I don't want to break anything by forcing it if it is removed in a different way.

Can I ask, how is the safety pressure switch (part 474) removed? Does it screw off? I have been into the bottom but it seems fixed solid and I don't want to break anything by forcing it if it is removed in a different way.
I can confirm it is a threaded fitting.

As a follow up to this, the switch in this part was fine but it had become loose in the housing causing the switch to not fully engage. As a stop gap while I was waiting for the new part, I was able to wedge the switch in position fixing the heating issue.

Apologies, only just noticed your question - looks like you identified the removal method anyway (I had long forgotten). Good luck with the replacement, my dishwasher is still going strong since the repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back