Cannot find any water inside property

G

Goldspoon

I have quoted to add a basic bathroom suite to a house. house is converted into two flats and empty/almost derelict. Went back today (two of us) to search for any mains water and cannot find any at all within the downstairs flat (where bathroom is going). Most of the property is devoid of pipework (ripped out, lost in walls etc.).

There is however a small outbuilding with one tap connected to water pipe on a stop tap that comes out of ground (15mm) and this provides water.

The houseowner has just bought it (as a bargain) and has no clue - looking for me to provide him with answers.

Should I consider just tapping in to the feed from this outhouse and running pipes at required depth to house?

Any thoughts on how one proceeds?

Ps: upstairs has water but cannot find from where it comes at moment

Sponsored Links
Could be the mains is up in the loft for some reason (maybe it's coming in from next door?), in which case I'd take it from there.

Sponsored Links
have a look at the boundarys of the property, the water companies normally fitted a stopcock so they could cut you off if you didint pay.could be front or back also ask the neighbours where theirs is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back