Cannot operate TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I bought a Medion X14357 TV, with internet capability. I understand WPS does not offer a secure connection. It seems to me that in order to operate the TV, I have to connect to the internet first.

The Manual gives no guidance on that.

Can anyone advise me on how to get the TV to operate, please. Is it possible to bypass internet connection and get the TV to work ?. I am using WiFi. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I think you're getting mixed up with the internet features. Your TV has an aerial socket just like any other telly. Plug in an aerial lead (do I need to say "One connected to a working aerial"? - well I have now) and then run the TV tuning process.

Internet TV is an addition to the TV's built-in Freeview HD tuner. Yes, you can run on just streaming services if you wish, but your channel choice could be a bit more limited and you might find it's not the same viewing experience.

You are correct that WPS isn't as secure a way to establish a connection. It's a convenience feature, but you don't have to use it. You can (or should be able to) type in the house router's Wi-Fi password using an onscreen keyboard along with the remote's arrow and OK/select keys. This is a one-time operation. Once it is set up then it's done unless you do a factory reset on the TV.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

I have tried elsewhere and this is the most positive and direct response I have had. No guesswork.

Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back