Canon Pixamania i4300 Will NOT Print Yellow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Canon PIxamania i4300 printer which has suddenly stopped prnting in Yellow. I ahve changed the cartridges for pre chipped ones, cleaned nozzles, depp cleaned nozzles, head alignment BUT Printer will not print in Yellow!

All others colours are fine! please can anyone tell ,e what the problem maybe as printer has done less the 200 copies but is 2 years old. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If it prints colours that are a combination of yellow & something else (green, orange etc.) then I would try reloading your print driver or even check the cannon website for an updated driver.

Hi jj4091

Many thaks for the reply. I have tried to print on 2 different computers but all with the same results. The printer was working fine before.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage to me which you haven't been able to clear with what you have done so far. Take it to your local repair center or bin it and get a new one.

Sounds like a blockage to me which you haven't been able to clear with what you have done so far. Take it to your local repair center or bin it and get a new one.
It cannot be a blockage if it is printing other colours that require the yellow pigment, ie green orange etc.

Hi All

Many thanks for your replies. I tried new drivers etc on different printers and then as a last step, I took out the print head and flushed it with Nail Polish Remover. This apparently did the trick but will use isopropyl alcohol spray to improve the cleansing better.

On the downside the Print Patten Test still shows the Yellow with blue streaks for some reason though when I printed a test picture with a lot of Yellow and Blue it printed ok!

It cannot be a blockage if it is printing other colours that require the yellow pigment, ie green orange etc.

What you say makes sense but what the OP has done to correct the problem is to clear a blockage....sometimes these things defy logic.

Sponsored Links
Back