Can't control temeperature of radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

Forgive me if I am thick but...

I have just moved into a flat which has a vaillant combi boiler and gas central heating.

The radiators all have a knob which should allow me to modify their temeperatur (it goes from *, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, MAX)

However, turning these knobs seems to have little or no impact on the temperature of the very hot radiators...

I took it apart a bit and all seems to be turning and working...

Please help, I am sure it is just simple!

Many thanks indeed for any assistance.

Nick

Sponsored Links
the radiator valve (thermostatic) will not make the rad cooler it will simply shut off the supply when it senses the air temperature it is set to. The dial on your boiler will control how hot to the touch your rad panels get

Thanks for your answer Oliski but that doesnt actually answer my question.

Even when I turn the boiler down, the temperature valves on the radiator still dont seem to work - i.e. the radiator remains the same temp whether the guage is on 1 or 7. (obviously the rad is cooler when the boiler is turned down).

Do I need to replace the valves and if so is this a real hassle??

Thanks in advance

NickJames said:
I took it apart a bit and all seems to be turning and working...

Did you check the pin operating freely as well ? They sometime get stuck during the summer month...........

Sponsored Links
ah, now we seem to be getting to the point...

but what do you mean by the pin??

any more help is much appreciated...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back