Can't find a replacement half-turn ceramic disk tap body

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen mixer tap is leaking, I stripped it down and the tap core is very very stiff. OK no problem just replace it but it is a half-turn unit (with a semi-circular opening), the shops I have been too only have quarter-turn units, and suck their teeth when I ask how I can get a replacement half-turn. Any ideas please? (I am based in West London). Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I don't know I'm afraid, is there an easy way to find out? Sorry for my ignorance I am fairly new to this

Sponsored Links
Most ceramic tap glands are now quarter turn. Is there an issue with using these instead?

B&Q do some mixer taps with 1/2 turn CD cartridges. If your tap looks like one of theirs, then you can get spares.

Finally got a moment to look at this properly - popped the spring clip off the top of the tab body, took it to pieces, wiped some bits of limescale off various parts, put it together and it's working perfectly. Thanks all for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back