Can't find replacement floor boards at the right depth.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been slowly working on the bathroom, the project started when the plaster next to the old cistern was crumbling away and the cistern was a horrible old 1980's thing anyway.

I put in a new plasterboard wall and also put in a new cistern, the problem is during that I removed the old cushion floor to discover a couple of cracked floor boards (vertical ones) they are at the end of the bathroom so don't take much weight but I want to do the job properly and replace the boards, before putting on some 3mm board ready for a new cushion floor.

The problem is I cannot find any replacement floorboards that are the right depth any where. I am going from memory as the boards are currently fastened down but I have a feeling they were about 21.5mm, either way the sheds or local timber merchants don't have the right depth.

I don't want to rip the entire floor up, because that will involve replacing the landling floor too. It is just two new boards I require.

Any other ideas of where I can get these boards from? I am in the Manchester area. The house was built in the 1900s if that helps.

Sponsored Links
wood yards builders merchants or timber merchants timber is between 21-22mm[5x1" =21x119 6x1" =145mm 7"=169mm]
sheds like b&q or wicks 18-19mm

If you are in Manchester George Hill's in Oldham (long established timber merchants) have a machining service and should be able to supply boards machined dead to the size you require

I tried their branch in Sale a few weeks back but they looked at me a bit blank when I asked if they could cut the timber to the right depth. Maybe the one in Oldham can I will phone them.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back