Cant fit wooden bed into desired space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i would like it to fit this bed in between the walls and not long ways as it is now. The bed frame is about 10 cm too big to fit in. I cant remove the headboard as it joint to the legs and frame of bed...what can i do

Attachments

• 15056637094101107852327.jpg
    15056637094101107852327.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 371
  • 20170917_165457_HDR.jpg
    20170917_165457_HDR.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 363
Sponsored Links
The bed tail piece will be fixed in exactly the same way as the head board - and dismantled with an allen key. The allen bolts secure into cross dowels made from steel which will have to be relocated once the bed side members are cut down.
Have you considered the effect this will have on the mattress......?
John :)

Plus the fact that you have to be able to screw the bolts in, so you'd need to reduce it by 20cm.

The bed tail piece will be fixed in exactly the same way as the head board - and dismantled with an allen key. The allen bolts secure into cross dowels made from steel which will have to be relocated once the bed side members are cut down.
It would have no affect on the mattress the mattress is smaller than the bed. Whats the tail piece of the bed

Sponsored Links
The foot end.

This will not work.
Remove both ends and place the middle on the floor, there you go - student style :)

Will i have to cut the bed...will i need to buy more allen bolts

The foot end.

This will not work.
Remove both ends and place the middle on the floor, there you go - student style :)
I dont want to put the bed on the floor also putting the bed up properly will give me underbed storage any other suggestions

The allen bollt ect that you already have, will be fine. If you were to dismantle the bed, you would see that you you just need to cut off the length you determine to be correct, and then drill (or even do this first) the allen bolt holes further down, and then cut the hole for the cam further back. Measure twice, and cut once.

The allen bollt ect that you already have, will be fine. If you were to dismantle the bed, you would see that you you just need to cut off the length you determine to be correct, and then drill (or even do this first) the allen bolt holes further down, and then cut the hole for the cam further back. Measure twice, and cut once.
So i just need to cut the middle frame bit how much i need then drill the legs back on and this should work... Do i put the legs back on the wya they are now on either side if the frame or at the end of the frame

It'll be easier for you to undestand if you take the foot board off. Essentially, if you cut say 10cm off of the side rails, then you need to move the cam hole back 10cm, and you need to drill the hole deep enough to reach the cam hole.

you could bolt a wooden bearer to the wall at each end, and rest the bedframe on them. No legs needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back