Cant fit wooden bed into desired space

Sponsored Links
i solved this very problem about a year ago
the only way it would work was to add 6x1 to replace the headboard end add a baton to the wall for the head off the bed to rest and hook onto and affix the headboard to the wall
its impossible to manoover the bed through 90 degrees without standing on its end then the legs stop you dropping the bed down unless removed as the diagonal is far greater than the length

Sponsored Links
If you want to bash on.....
Strip the bed linen and mattress and give us some pictures of the bed foot unbolted from the frame - we'll be able to take you through the modifications, and you'll need a fine toothed saw, try square, pencil and a drill set, together with the right sized allen key and a screwdriver.
You'll lose one or two slats that support the mattress too.
No business of ours, but is it really worth the bother?
John :)

i solved this very problem about a year ago
the only way it would work was to add 6x1 to replace the headboard end add a baton to the wall for the head off the bed to rest and hook onto and affix the headboard to the wall
its impossible to manoover the bed through 90 degrees without standing on its end then the legs stop you dropping the bed down unless removed as the diagonal is far greater than the length
Would it be so bad of the bed rested on the skirting board and not the floor js

If you want to bash on.....
Strip the bed linen and mattress and give us some pictures of the bed foot unbolted from the frame - we'll be able to take you through the modifications, and you'll need a fine toothed saw, try square, pencil and a drill set, together with the right sized allen key and a screwdriver.
You'll lose one or two slats that support the mattress too.
No business of ours, but is it really worth the bother?
I will do so...thanks...it will give me a lot more space in the room by doing this

OK - lets start by reducing the bed frame to suit the mattress that you have, and you'll get the assistance you need on here.
With thought and care it should be possible, just takes some time and careful measuring.

Would it be so bad of the bed rested on the skirting board and not the floor js
it cannot rest on the skirting as you need perhaps 20mm extra to allow the base to drop in as i explained earlier you cannot get the bed in without an extra few mm for the diagonal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back