Can't open pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got one of these.

147040.jpeg

Blew a fuse recently, so suspect impellor has crud in it.

What is best way to clean? Tried removing motor housing using the 2 alan key screws- used considerable force, leverage, hammer.. and it wouldn't budge!

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb

Its quite new..about 6 weeks old.. :(

Its definately knackered if it blows a fuse?

I thought maybe the impellor was jammed somehow..

Mind you - you = expert, me = novice

What are the other reasons for these things dying? There is a small leak above the pump - (rotate picture to the right by 90 degrees, thats how ours is fitted) - could the water have trickled over the black plastic box of electrics? :eek:

Just don't want the same thing to happen again in 6 weeks time.

Or to die come to think of it.

Sponsored Links
thanks for responding by the way - realise you aren't getting paid for this.

tried the black nut - yes when its pulled out all the way I can twist the impellor a bit - it jams occasionally, once every couple of revolutions.

:idea: I guess the fact its turning at all means its not crud causing the fuse blow. When I try it (only for half a second at a time) there is a quiet noise and a nasty smell.... :cry:

by the way, a bit of water comes out of the bleed hole when I undo the black nut - is that right?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back