Can't remove UPVC door - how to remove hinges ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to tighten the screws on the hinges of my PVC door and cant access them due to them being covered by the hinge. Assuming I would need to remove the pin so the door will come off (can't lift the door more than 2-3 inches due to ceiling), can't fathom out how to do this.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

thumbnail_20200607_124029.jpg thumbnail_20200607_124020.jpg thumbnail_20200607_124014.jpg thumbnail_20200607_124018.jpg thumbnail_20200607_124011.jpg

Sponsored Links
It would be easier to lift the door off obviously but if you can't then you'll have to come through the front way by prizing off the front cover plate on the hinges and unscrewing the swinging half of the hinge from the door, then you can slide it up off the hinge pin, lift the hinge pin out if it didn't aleady come out and then have access to the screws

One at a time though otherwise the door will end up on the floor and you'll need two to re hang it

Thanks for the info crank39 - have tried to prize the plate away but it wraps all around the door hinge to the other side and doesn't seem to be budging ? Can see clearer on pics. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back