Capping a gas pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone could help with this please.

I need to cap a gas pipe which is no longer in use after a set point. I'm wondering should i use a stop end or the compression type cap? I have both but a little unsure which would be best. Pics below show the pipe and fittings.

View media item 9247 View media item 9248
There is a gas cooker on the left of my pic. I would cut the pipe coming from the left just before the elbow connector (red circle) and attach the stop end. Obviously i would shut the gas off from the meter before starting. But after making the cut do i need to do anything else or wait for the gas to clear etc?

thanks

Sponsored Links
where do we start! carry out a let by test and complete a tightness test if let by test ok attach continuity bonds and remove and cap gas meter and place in ventilated area, and blah blah blah but on a serious note if you ain't qualified or competent do not even attempt to do this kind of works :eek:

If your having to ask about what to do then you really shouldn't be working on gas pipes.

Sponsored Links
Consider using a registered gas engineer for this.

It shouldn't cost you much.

Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back