Capping a washing machine tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to disconnect the washing machine in my mother's house but one tap won't close properly. Mum's gone into a home and we're selling the house. The new owners will be sending the builders in to extend the kitchen rather than moving in so I only need to seal the connection. Can I get a cap that will replace the hose connector?

Thanks

Bob

Sponsored Links
Yes a 15mm isssolation stop end, if the wash mac tap is compression then issolate the cold mains remove the wash mac and cap with compression stop end. Simple ;)

Go to plumbers merchants and ask for a 3/4 inch cap "as you are capping off a wm valve" :LOL:

or get a 3/4" BSP cap nut and screw it onto the washing machine tap where the hose usually screw on. Will cost you about 50p.

edited: curses, too slow :mad:

Sponsored Links
YOu'll need a load of tape round the thread, or a washing machine hose washer (or several, cos the caps are quite deep) in the base of the cap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back