Capping unwanted pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

Just refitting my bathroom. The water pipe supplying the toilet cistern currently comes out of the wooden floor. As i have stripped the walls back to studs i would like to hide my pipework within the walls. It'd be easier for me to take the toilet cistern supply the cold water supply feeding my basin (just a few inches away) instead of going through the hassel of trying to reroute the current pipe. Whats the easiest way to cap off this pipe (if thats possible?) bearing in mind the redundant pipe will be then tiled over for years to come?

Cheers

Tom

Sponsored Links
yp61_28.jpg

yp61 ;)

Thats the one pal!! Is there an easy way to dispell water from the pipe i'm soldering onto. I cut water to this pipe at the weekend and it seemed to drip all day long - would this affect the soldering quality?

Sponsored Links
Although technically you should remove the whole section of pipe and piece through the tee to remove any deadlegs of pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back