Captain Tom

Not quite - they had approval for a specific use. Built it then applied to change use, when it became clear that the approved use could never be complied with. That's my take on it from the news articles I think.
I stand corrected

9. Work started on the construction of a building on the tennis court on 1 December 2021 and in January 2022 the matter was brought to the attention of the Council. The building under construction was not in accordance with the November 2021 planning permission in that it was being built closer to the Woburn Road properties and it included an additional wing.

10. In March 2022 a retrospective application was submitted by Maytrix Group Ltd to retain the building as built, amounting to approximately 208sqm. The application covering letter described the proposed use as being “for purposes incidental to the existing dwelling including private domestic use, interviews and charity functions. You will note that a spa pool pit has been incorporated in the additional wing to accommodate the prefabricated spa pool”. The accompanying revised DAHS stated the use would be for uses incidental to the enjoyment of the dwelling. This application was refused in November 2022.

Plans are here

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On this point i am sure you're aware so many charities exist out there making billions from people 'donating to captain Tom' believe me.

Hundreds of dog, cat, every type animal you can think of charities, hundreds of charities for every type of human illness you can think of, and many you cannot even pronounce. What it says to me, is that there is lots of money to be made from setting up a charity in the UK.

Not quite - they had approval for a specific use. Built it then applied to change use, when it became clear that the approved use could never be complied with.
The comments seem to suggest they had permission for an L shaped building but built a bigger C shaped one. Then couldn't get retrospective permission.

Edit - just noticed your latest post.

and also built it closer to the neighbours ~2M closer. That was probably the mistake that is going to cost them around £250k. It's not simply a case of demolition of the spa wing. Its also hardly a jacuzzi bath at 20ft+ long

All the planning docs are available in the second link. It always amazes me how architects can make a living when people can simply download plans they like.

Sponsored Links
Who cares? Why not? Do you think she should be giving it all in tax and contributions to the state instead?
As I see it, there are two issues here:

One is that, yes, all the money raised by the generous population should indeed be going to the NHS charities. People did not give their money for it to be diverted away from that purpose.

The other is that you can't just build what you want where you want unless you have the relevant permissions. If everyone did that, we'd be in a mess.

Derekoo your decision should not be bolstered by such a declared personal interest surely, so if it wasn't, you may still persue or with less vigour perhaps? You could well be fit for the local Parish council or holding one of those fake speed guns in your local village?
Where do I get a speed gun? then again should we be trying to discourage people breaking the law and just let people with the most money and fastest cars set their own speed limit and drink and drive if they feel like it.

Where do I get a speed gun? then again should we be trying to discourage people breaking the law and just let people with the most money and fastest cars set their own speed limit and drink and drive if they feel like it.
Aha we have another one, so it's ok for the people with the least money and slowest cars to do break these laws, otherwise you wouldn't display such prejudice which you clearly can't hide. I thought these laws were in place to protect the people and not born out of resentment?
Want to see many planning cases where people are ganted permission to build giant extensions and houses on a plot no bigger than a paupers savings book? I guess not, hands go over ears and eyes and you sing 'la la la'

Do you believe all rich people should be punished for flouting 'the law' with extra harsh sentences, much bigger fines and ensure any buildings are destroyed?
Afterall rich people are just lucky and fortunate enough to have large sums of money given to them, lets of course not mention Rich people potentially also represent Investment in Businesses,Job Creation, significant Tax Contributions(as some other resentful person thought it fair the 'Rich' pay a higher percent tax rate when a percentage means higher tax on higher earnings anyway) ,Consumer Spending,Philanthropic Endeavors,Innovation and Research Funding,Risk-Taking and Entrepreneurship,Economic Stability they bring, but hey they should be doing that anyway because they can afford it!!

As for your speed gun most of the ****s use fake things like hairdryers.

Attachments

• Capture22.PNG
    Capture22.PNG
    387.6 KB · Views: 26
Hundreds of dog, cat, every type animal you can think of charities, hundreds of charities for every type of human illness you can think of, and many you cannot even pronounce. What it says to me, is that there is lots of money to be made from setting up a charity in the UK.
Indeed indeed, they're all at it believe me. That's why it annoys me, these dodgy cat and 'save a poor african child with a million flies stuck to their face' give little to the actual cause because most have such 'high running costs and overheads'

There are a couple of duffers down the road who don there day glow jackets and hair dryers (?) to do there bit for the community and road safety ounce a month (?)

Bloke who used to do it lived about 6 doors up from me

Silly old twonk came out one after noon complaining about the noise when I barked up my weslake bike

He got told what he could go and do in no uncertain terms

He was On the parish council as well

Yes exactly

There are a couple of duffers down the road who don there day glow jackets and hair dryers (?) to do there bit for the community and road safety ounce a month (?)

Bloke who used to do it lived about 6 doors up from me

Silly old twonk came out one after noon complaining about the noise when I barked up my weslake bike

He got told what he could go and do in no uncertain terms

He was On the parish council as well

Yes exactly
Its people like you who give Hells Angels a bad name

It's always been said the way to make money . Start a religion or a charity. Be it a " house church" or a "save a ....... " or " in remembrance of..... " If you have charisma and nouse , even better.

Sponsored Links
Back