Car Boot Sale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I would have a look around the local car boot sale today. Got there at 8.30 am and it was already full of cars and struggled to get my car parked.

The rubbish people sell is unbelievable and most of the stuff on sale should be bypassed to the local dump as they have no hope of selling it! :LOL:

One seller was complaining of how some people had stolen 2 lots of pyjama bottoms whilst she was not looking. Also I heard a lady offer an item for 50p and the customer said "will you take 40p?":cool:

How can you haggle over 10p? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Many a mickle make a muckle :idea:

I once put all the coins that I came across, left behind by children in a school I was working at (playground, dining room tables etc) into a jar. After only a month of doing this, I hade enough cash to buy a cadbury's boost. Mmm lovely. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I went to a car boot sale years ago selling stuff. One item we had was a Commodore 64 computer. Everything worked on it although the box was a bit tatty. We only asked a tenner for it and couldn't sell it . Then another car booter came along and said it's too cheap, people will think it doesn't work. Charge 30 quid for it and you'll sell it .
So we put the price up to 30 quid and sold it for 25 within 10 minutes.
Well chuffed. :D :D Gave him a fiver for the advice.

Dex. I worked at a secondary school for one year (it was destined to close) and two of us collected all the money the kids threw away. Pennies, 2p's 5p's and the odd 10p. At the end of the year we counted up what we had and there was over a hundred pounds.
Kids have absolutely no idea about money do they?

Dex. I worked at a secondary school for one year (it was destined to close) and two of us collected all the money the kids threw away. Pennies, 2p's 5p's and the odd 10p. At the end of the year we counted up what we had and there was over a hundred pounds.
Kids have absolutely no idea about money do they?
You only left me enough for one measly chocolate bar? I wondered where all that cash had gone :mad:

You're right about kids and money wastage - curiously (cat amongst pigeons), kids from socially deprived areas - with single parents, high unemployment and "free school meals" - tend to leave a load more cash around than those from more leafy suburbs.

Not been to a car boot sale for ages, I've always left disappointed, not once have I managed to find boots for my car :rolleyes:

Apparently most customers at car boots now are polish.

My Grandma still goes every sunday, keeps buying me second hand **** for my new house :LOL:

Apparently most customers at car boots now are polish.

I agree with that. Lots of foreign languages heard this morning.

Looking at the merchandise on offer I can see that there are a lot of dead peoples tools and other goods that have obviously come from house clearances.

All you hoarders beware as your wordly goods you have kept safe in the shed all these yrs will be going for pennies at the car boot sales in the future! :LOL:

All you hoarders beware as your wordly goods you have kept safe in the shed all these yrs will be going for pennies at the car boot sales in the future! :LOL:

Luckily we'll have used up all the oil soon and there won't be any cars left, so no car boot sales ;)

Sponsored Links
Back