Car paintshop spraying wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has spent 3 years designing and building electric guitars but he can't get a decent paint finish. Would a car bodyshop be capable of spraying his prototypes for a fee?

Sponsored Links
I'm sure they'd have the skills, but I don't know that the paint would be the right stuff to use. I take it the guitars are made of wood? I don't think automotive paint would be flexible enough for wood. Most paint finishes that are poor are let down by the preparation. If his problem really is the paint itself, he might be able to flat it with 800 then 1000 and 1200 grade wet-or-dry and then buff the paint to a good finish.

Most body shops are geared up for insurance work. From collecting the damaged car to leaving you a rental, all against your or someone else's insurance policy. So good luck with your guitar.

glue on plastic laminate. Available in all manner of bright and deep colours, gloss, matt and high gloss.

Sponsored Links
My friend has spent 3 years designing and building electric guitars but he can't get a decent paint finish. Would a car bodyshop be capable of spraying his prototypes for a fee?

Perhaps a bit late but just spotted your post.
I wanted a back panel to put over a fireplace opening to hang my flat screen tv on. I had a sheet of 12mm mdf sprayed with black car paint at our local car body shop, really nice job they made of it. Best thing is to get them to do a sample and judge yourself.

Back