car radio switches off and on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My car radio switches off- and back on- seemingly randomly. At first I thought it was a dodgy power connection but all the cables are fine. And if when it goes off I press the on button it comes back on again. At the moment I drive along pressing the on button every so often!
And that can be 3 times in a minute or three times in an hour!
Obviously the unit is faulty. Anyone know if this sounds like something an audio tech can fix?

Sponsored Links
If you still have your pre stored stations on your radio after the radios gone on and off,then more likely to be a radio fault then a power supply fault to the unit

What make of car? Does it have stop/start tech? How old? How old is the car battery?

Sponsored Links
What car? Sometimes it's just as easy to buy a secondhand unit off eBay.
It's a 61 plate Golf and the unit has parking display, and phone connectivity so I'm sure it would cost more than the car to get another from VW.
ebay is a good call but wondered if there was anthing obvious- and simple- and cheap! to try first! Thanks.

Sorted! Great Advice!!! Tuned to Kisstory and now works perfectly!!!:):):):):):):)
I don’t know if you’re joking or not but our Golf does that on R2. Doesn’t switch off but does briefly tune to another station before switching back.

Might be FM RDS trying to auto switch to different frequency, or detecting a TA signal

Turn them off and see if it changes.

Ha ha!

Mottie can't read this (he claims)

Sponsored Links
Back