Car Seats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you can get 3 children’s car seats on the back seat of a Mondeo Estate? I am soon to replace my car and would like to get a Mondeo but don’t want to be replacing it in two years time when I may have a third child. I really want to avoid getting an MPV (possibly an S-Max) and struggle to believe that a car like a Mondeo isn’t big enough for a family!

We’ll have a newborn rear facing car seat, a toddler forward facing car seat and a small child booster seat with a back. Any thoughts or recommendations welcome! Bear in mind I'm working probably with a £7k budget and am expecting to go for a 2.0 Petrol with fairly low mileage.

Sponsored Links
Mate of mine manages this in a hatchback Astra so I reckon a Mondeo would take it.
If it were 3 toddler seats I would say no, but what you have described should be possible.

Depends on the car and on the kiddie seats. If you're using three of the sort that strap in using the car's existing seat belts, I don't think you'll manage it. We had that for a while and we caved-in and got an MPV with 3 rows of seats in the end. If you get the new "ISOFIX" kiddie seats, you're in with a much better chance because they attach using special brackets on the car's seats, so you don't need to try and buckle up the middle one when the ones either side are stopping you from getting to the belt buckle.

Only sure way is to go to a shop and try several. Most decent places like Mothercare (as was) or Halfords offer an in-car-park trying service.

Sponsored Links
Back