Can anyone recommend a car to carry DIY materials

I miss my zafira with the tailgate open and the seats down that had good capacity.

Sponsored Links
I remember when I carried my brand new flight of stairs on the roof rack of my Yugo Zastava. It caused quite a stir on the large roundabout at Mill Hill!

Um yes both, and the fact that some motorists think they are on the A1(M) whereas really they are briefly members of the mill hill community! Hi to any people living in Mill Hill. Happy days! :confused:

Sponsored Links
My dad always used to bang on about how great his Citroën bx was because it could carry 8x4 sheets of plasterboard. Horrible car.

i agree with the other guy that said "get a trailer"
some stuff you really don't want in your car, and the number of people that will want use of a trailer for tip runs, house moves, motorbike pickups etc, you can pay for it pretty quickly by charging them 20 quid for your services

Citroen estates always have been some of the biggest ever made, the BX was big but the CX was huge at over 16' long. The biggest now is then C5 and you can pick them up for peanuts, they are a nice car too. The XM is gigantic but there are not many left now.

Peter

The good thing about a roof rack is ..................the sky's the limit.

Andy

You're absolutely correct

yj1v.jpg

Boy Scouts, or the Navy?

Tidy bit of rope work

Sponsored Links
Back