Carbon brushes help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My Beko Excellence 8kg washing machine suddenly stopped working and no error code was displayed.
It would fill in water as normal but the drum would not roll. Upon reset, it would simply drain the water and unlock the door.
Took out the brushes after checking online, one seems more worn than other.
Can someone please check the image and advise if its worth buying new brushes here?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20230715_103949.jpg
    20230715_103949.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
Obviously there's no concrete guarantee here, but the worn brush has probably parted company from the commutator hence the failure.
If it was mine, I'd give new brushes a try.
John :)

Obviously there's no concrete guarantee here, but the worn brush has probably parted company from the commutator hence the failure.
If it was mine, I'd give new brushes a try.

Or, if you have a meter, check the continuity between the brush terminal and the end of the brush..

Sponsored Links
Check to see if the brush is jammed in the box.
Gently pull it forward and backward a number of times.
If it freely moves after a while and is approximately the same length as the longer one, re-fit them and try your machine.
If it doesn't move, then a new set are called for.

A lot of Beko washing machines use a dc convertor module and the brushes can wear unevenly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back