card reader

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one. Know it's a "hardware" topic, but want a wider audience.

I need an external card reader, primarily so I can transfer images onto an SD card for a Digi photo frame (Xmas present). Can you advise me as to the best one to get?

Sponsored Links
Morrisons....£5 for a 1-gig card...and when is lulu gonna get that flipping trolley filled....?

Sponsored Links
Got my 1Gb SD card from ebuyer (Kingston with lifetime wty) for under a fiver inc vat. Can't be beat!

Listen, I was the spark that took one Osram 100W GLS back to the wholesaler for a replacement because it failed prematurely!

But I only did it to prove a point to the customer... ;)

I have one here now in front of me called a ''bytestor'' its works well for me, but as it was a gift I have no other info on it, I recommend it to you.

dave.m.

Went to Maplin intending to get the one you put in your second link. Got chatting to a geezer there & he showed me a smaller E-BLUE card reader (43-in-1) for a tenner.

Works fine, just used it, and it runs on my creaky Win ME, too!!

SS,
Glad you got sorted.
What I did with mine was to get two SD cards, (1GB each are about £5 at Aldi) and in the My Pictures folder, I started three new folders. I then copied different pictures that The Manager likes into the folders so that we now have three sets of different pictures, so never get bored.
One set is on one card in the frame and a second set is on the spare card that she can change if she wants. Then I can copy the third set onto the first card for a change in the future.
MerryChristmas
dave

Sponsored Links
Back