Cardale Electric Garage Door, Remote Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Nov 2004 Cardale Thermaglide Roller Shutter, I have a problem with the remotes.
I use 2 remotes, recently both have been intermittent so I thought Id change the batteries but was still the same.
I then thought I'd reprogram both remotes, now one works perfect but the 2nd won't program.
I've bought a new replacement remote but that won't program either, the red lights flash on the remote but nothing more.
Some details below, specs etc -
It'd a Ansa RS-1 Control Box
433 MHz with a KeeLoq rolling code
Picture of the remote below
Here's a link to the instructions - Section 13/14 is Adding/Deleting Remotes http://www.cardale.com/Lib/Doc/Fitt...tallation and User Manual for Thermaglide.pdf
$_12.JPG

I can't find no information on the net or similar problems, Hoping someone here has had similar etc
Thanks For Any Help ;

Sponsored Links
Most of the remotes use RF in a shared band with radio amateurs. The milliwatt output of the remote can be swamped by the 400 watt the radio amateur can use. Be it a car door or garage door I have seem some odd things happen.

In the main they fail safe the car door locks on it's own but will not unlock or garage door shuts but will not open. Since the doors are often metal and sensor often inside common for them to shut but will not open.

Car remotes have codes to try and stop this problem and I remember the problem with my fathers Volkswagen where all the remotes needed programming together but they had not told him that so he returned again and again with one key or other not working.

Reading the instructions linked to I wonder if this is the case with the door and all units need doing together rather than adding a remote to the existing. My be wrong but it seems Volkswagen it seems did not tell people that all remotes should be done together because of security.

My father-in-law has often found his door open as to if it was him forgetting to close or something else I don't know. But I don't trust the fitters. During a power cut my father-in-law could not open the door and I said well just use the key. However it would seem there was no key. I got in touch with fitters and asked how to open the door. They told me to remove a pin and it could then be opened. However this pin was inside the garage. It would seem where there is no side door a release lock is included in the door but this had been omitted.

It seems also there should have been battery back up but the plug had not been plugged in for the battery.

Thanks for the reply - To reprogram the remotes, I have to delete all remotes first, then reprogram them all together, only one of the remotes is bein recognised when I try to reprogram.

I phoned Cardale who just gave me the information that's in the instructions, Ansa was a bit more helpful but what they suggested never worked but was right in one aspect. Ansa said even though the replacement remote I bought from Ebay looks identical in everyway it won't work.
I ordered a remote from www.gateremotes.co.uk , even though it looks different from my original, it programmed no problem :D
Thanks For The help

Sponsored Links
I have a Nov 2004 Cardale Thermaglide Roller Shutter, I have a problem with the remotes.

It'd a Ansa RS-1 Control Box
433 MHz with a KeeLoq rolling code
I would guess that the first remote you bought was a fixed frequency output as opposed to a rolling type that you needed. This is to stop anybody with a couple of remotes in their pocket (they usually work on just a couple of different frequencies) breaking into your house or garage. That still doesn't explain why your original second one failed to work after changing the battery, which is the usual cause of intermittent operation. Are the spring terminals that connect to the battery making a good connection?

The remote I bought was a 433mhz keeloq rolling code remote, looked identical to my originals.
Yeah the original that stopped working, the spring terminals are fine, I press the button on it & the red light flashes, it just wont pair up/register.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back