Carpet grippers in tiny places

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tacking down carpet grippers in the loft room ahead of the carpet fitting day. I've done to rest of the room with no issue but wanted to consult you about the area next to the access hatch.

Next to the access hatch is 2 small areas which are to be carpeted along with the rest of the room. This area is about 8cm across so I don't know what the best practice would be. I have attached a picture to show what I mean. I don't know if it even makes sense to lay down two grippers opposite each other as the carpet stretcher may not work in such tiny places; I've laid down 2 bits of off-cuts on the left to show how tiny this gap would be.

Any suggestions on how to fit the grippers?

hatch.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Or just infill the space with timber and paint white to match the rest of the woodwork.

I’ll still put grippers down there. What distance have you out grippers form the wall

Sponsored Links
I’ll still put grippers down there. What distance have you out grippers form the wall

If mean the area to be carpeted it's about 7-8cm across and 1.2m to the back.

Or just infill the space with timber and paint white to match the rest of the woodwork.

I'm not looking to do this for a few reasons I'm not going to go into. Bottom line is that carpet is to be used as the infill.

Double sided tape

This probably won't work as there will be an underlay. Furthermore, I think the adhesive will deteriorate in the long term.

No I mean around all the edges. As your doing the grippers for the carpet fitter.

No I mean around all the edges. As your doing the grippers for the carpet fitter.

I've left a 7mm gap for the carpet to be tucked into after cutting. Yes, I'm doing this for the carpet fitter as they will be charging per metre. I'm simply not going to pay them for tacking down a few nails which I'm capable of doing myself.

The fitter might just tack the carpet down, but it takes minuites to take the strips out compared to fitting them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back