Carpet question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

So we have just had a new carpet in one of the rooms and the gold metal strip / joiner thing that fits where the door frame is seems loose, the old one wasn’t like this, the fitter put a new one in and there’s some play in it, I tried to pull the carpet away from it on one side to see if I could maybe secure it better with some tacks however it looks like glue has been used to secure the edge of the carpet to the strip or I’m not pulling hard enough ?

should I be concerned about this? Will it cause issues long term ?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi all

So we have just had a new carpet in one of the rooms and the gold metal strip / joiner thing that fits where the door frame is seems loose, the old one wasn’t like this, the fitter put a new one in and there’s some play in it, I tried to pull the carpet away from it on one side to see if I could maybe secure it better with some tacks however it looks like glue has been used to secure the edge of the carpet to the strip or I’m not pulling hard enough ?

should I be concerned about this? Will it cause issues long term ?
Cheers

If it's loose, it's not a good enough job, get them back.

If these strips have been up and down a few times over the years, combined with folk walking on them, the screw holes become next to useless meaning the strips can slacken. So if they've used the same screw holes that might be the problem. I agree, get them back, however if for whatever reason you can't do that, maybe try turning the strip 180 to see if that means it'll be creating new holes, if yes then screw into fresh wood. Or slightly thicker screws.

As far as I know the previous strip was laid with the house in 95, the new strip was laid a few days ago

it looks like only one side of the strip has been nailed down, I feel a bit petty calling the company for this as they have already been out twice, once to fit and second to stretch it a bit as it was a bit lumpy.

Sponsored Links
If you've had to have them back already due to it not being fitted right, get them out to finish it properly. It's not petty IMO If you asked for a crappily fitted carpet then fine but I suspect you didn't.

Back