Carpet Stretcher

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I have recently purchased a new Wilton carpet, underlay and gripper. I bought a carpet fitting kit on Ebay, made by a firm called Stikatak Ltd. This included a knee kicker stretcher but I have been unable to use it satisfactorily, as the spikes are not long enough to reach through the pile to the hessian backing. It therefore tends to skid across the carpet. The carpet in question does not have an unusually deep pile so it looks like the tool is designed only for use on thin carpets. I did think about making a stretcher with longer spikes but perhaps I'm just doing something wrong with this one :confused:

Sponsored Links
the stretcher you purchased is a total waste of money and good for nothing ! Get yourself a proper stretcher or just pay some one to fit the carpet for less!

There is alot more to stretching a carpet than you would think also.

As matty says there is more to strectching a carpet than giving it a good whack with a kicker.
there is a bit of a knack to doing it evenly, it's hardly worth buying the kit for what a fitter will charge.

Sponsored Links
A bolster chisel seems to do exactly the same job as the bolster chisel looking tool you can get for carpets too :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back