Carpet to laminate threshold/transition bars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are trying to find a threshold door bar that goes from laminate to carpet. The problem I seem to be having is which strip to use. The laminate is 10mm thick and the underlay for the laminate is 5mm thick. The carpet I was planning on getting is 20mm thick. I have tried searching for something suitable but the ones I have found do not seem to be accommodating to these thicknesses. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Only a DIY'er so feel free to ignore! :)
Are you thinking of a 'Z' bar:
35008.jpg
Or, adjustable threshold:
41vtfLmWH8L._AC_SY580_.jpg
In either case, the carpet will compress greatly, allowing it to be squeezed into the gap.

The threshold can also be packed up from below to match the laminate height.

If your carpet really was very thick, you could even staple the edges and use a plain threshold strip! ;)

KahrsThresholdTrim.jpg

Best to use a T-Profile or Square Edge profile. A Square Edge profile will provide the longer lasting finish fitting tte carpet against tte straight edge, you tend to find T Profiies rock on the carpet side where they aren’t supported.
You can buy wood to carpet profiles but these are more commonly used with Engineered Oak flooring and would likely require a deeper flooring installation height than you are dealing with.
A z edge or Feline edge (the metal profile pictures in the above post) is a quick and simple DIY style solution but may not be as aesthetically pleasing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back