cars for old men

Sponsored Links
In years to come when we are all driving round in self driving electrical appliances, we will look back at the good old internal combustion engined vehicles with fondness... The youngsters will be horrified that we were actually allowed to drive vehicles, and lived.. Perhaps some of us rebellious old buggers will produce our own petrol to fuel our illegal engines

yep the big yank inspired V8's ;)

had the use of a 1976 Formula fire bird for a long week end years ago. By 1976 the green brigade had stuck there noses into the car scene in the states

smog control , low compression engines ,unleaded fuel ect ect the big V8's were little more then decal motors spluttering and wheezing there way around

not this one though . a worked on 76 formula fire bird all 9.8 litres of her :eek: making some thing like 700 bhp at the engine . take the air filter off and it would suck u down the 4 barrel carb :)

staggeringly quick, scary tbh no drivers aids

fuel consumption well hmmm ;) was a big regret that I never bought it :(

Sponsored Links
My buddy had an Orange Dodge Charger R/T for a little while, parked it on my drive for a few weeks whilst he managed to clear some of his other cars off his drive... Handling was a little vague but Jeez would it go... He has settled down now to a prototype 1965 Humber Imperial v8 using a GM v8... He knows every detail about it, I just keep his aircon working... I have nealy finished my own little project of Supercharging my old Lexus IS200... It has turned an automotive Labrador in to a bit of a sleeper and it sounds like a bag of mad cats

and there is the 6.6 Pontiac Transam engine bay ( not a good photo) still have her

Cobra went a while back now :(

The Dodge charger R/T :) (R/T was for road & track afaik) worth a tidy sum if it is a genuine R/T ? bloke in the CC used drag race one .but it was not a genuine R/T

built a cobra with a 5 litre mustang engine in it (302)

Mmmmm Shexxy Cobra....
My buddy with the Dodge was certain that it was a genuine R/T, he'd imported it from the States and he sold it at a healthy profit, though the original plan was for it to be a General Lee wedding car... He likes weird stuff, that's why we are buddies and currently has James May's Rolls Royce from the Top Gear Indian expedition and is trying to get his hands on Hammonds Mini.

Mmmmm Shexxy Cobra....
My buddy with the Dodge was certain that it was a genuine R/T, he'd imported it from the States and he sold it at a healthy profit, though the original plan was for it to be a General Lee wedding car... He likes weird stuff, that's why we are buddies and currently has James May's Rolls Royce from the Top Gear Indian expedition and is trying to get his hands on Hammonds Mini.

trouble is I ended up with to much kit so alot of it had to go which I do regret tbh

The weslake bitza bike ended up in Sweden. Like to think that some swede gets out of bed on a Sunday morning , shatters the silence as he guns it through the town :)

Cobra went to Germany (afaik ?) rules out there for building kit cars makes it almost impossible to do afaik ??

Had 2 Harleys ( over rated )

got a 1971 Norton

Going on my past record, I suspect that the car I have when I'm an old man, will be the same car I have when I'm a young man 12 years previous.

I was a bit of an old man in 1990...
I had a Maestro VDP.
And loved it!
Did way over 100K in it with no major issues.

Currently running a 16 year old merc, that I've had from new. Its got about 130k on the clock and rather a lot of rust, but mechanically seems like the day I got it.

Went up to wormingford yesterday with a mate to look at a Hillman Minx , which he did not buy , but he did buy a Sunbeam Rapier :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back